This page of our website covers more of the business, rather than educational, details of tutoring with us. It provides some general guidelines, and outlines some expected student behavior. We will go over this information with you at our first tutoring session.
Please also visit our rates & scheduling page.
- Most tutoring sessions are 1-on-1. When I have two or more students taking the same course with the same teacher I will generally meet them together.
- Students may have only one tutoring session per day. Sessions are not given on consecutive days (except before exams).
- Students should bring all relevant materials: textbook, homework assignments, paper & pencil, calculator, etc. High school students are expected to know what material they want to cover each session.
- Sessions are 30, 45, or 60 minutes (1 hour) in length.
- A 30-minute session consists of 27 minutes of instruction time, with the final 3 minutes reserved for scheduling, record keeping, discussing a student’s progress with the client, etc. The same applies to the last 4 and 5 minutes of 45-minute and 1-hour sessions, respectively.
- Students are responsible for their own behavior.
- Clients of very young children requiring supervision need to attend all sessions. Clients will not be a part of the session, but are just there for their child (i.e. please bring a magazine, your quilting, etc.).
- I cannot monitor a student once a session has ended. I may be with another student or I may need to leave that location.
- I cannot provide transportation for students.